Join The Community!
3...2...1... Podcast! (PAM 214)
What is it about podcasting that has caused me to personally fall in love with it? Is it the rush of adrenaline when I fire up my equipment? Is it the overcoming of all the voices in my head telling me that I'm not quite ready and should wait a little longer to gather my thoughts before recording? Is it that I anticipate failure when expecting perfection? Can it be that I am just making all of this up? Am I mad!?!?
Yes! You hit it on the head Cliff! Once again, you have reminded us why it is that we have joined this podcasting crusade. It is for no other reason than the passion that we have in what we are purposed and wired to do! I am a talker (great listener also, I've been told) and it is only natural for me to be behind a microphone sharing my life experience with others searching for those that seek to do similar. For a long time I felt that no one would be able to understand and identified with this stirring in my spirit to be heard not just for the sake of speaking but because I know that I have a contribution to make with what I have to say that will empower and transform countless lives!
Then, by divine providence, God introduced me to Dave Ramsey, Dan Miller and Cliff Ravenscraft! My life could not possibly remain the same and I quickly understood that the mentors that I longed for were to be individuals that I would probably never meet. Nonetheless, through their lives and unselfishness in sharing I to would learn and lead others that I have been charged with to a better, more meaningful and fulfilling life for them and their future generations to come!
I am grateful and humbled to be in their presence. I don't say this to be judged by others possibly thinking that I am "brown nosing" I am just stating what I know to be true in my life. I have learned to give honor to whom honor is due. So with this let me encourage you if you have not done so already and check out PAM #212 and view it all the way through. Not only do I not get tired of hearing Cliff and Stephanie's story but the "gold" at the end of the session that Cliff shared is priceless. I have listed them below but do yourself a favor and tune in to be (once again) reminded of the purpose of why we podcast! God bless!
A Formula for Success Cliff Ravenscraft Blog World NY 2011
1. Introduce yourself to your audience.
2. Be authentic and transparent.
3. Share what you know with your audience for the purpose of improving their lives not to make money.
4. Share what you are learning as you continue to grow.
5. Become the can't live without source of inspiration and resource to your audience.
6. Create passive income through information products that are more valuable than what you charge.
7. Prepare to be amazed at the opportunities that will follow.
Advice from Cliff Ravenscraft at Blog World NY 2011
1. Start with the right motives
2. Provide content on a consistent basis
3. Establish meaningful relationships
4. Give as much away for free as possible
5. Be patient and work hard
6. Try new things with a willingness to fail
***Your podcast is not where you make your money it is where you build your relationships. You make your money through products and content that you create.***
Link to Cliff's BlogWorld NYC Talk: