gspn.tv Community

Join The Community!

This topic is now open to discuss ANYTHING within Book 1 of the Hunger Games Series titled "Hunger Games."  Please do not share anything beyond book 1 in this topic.

Views: 106

Replies to This Discussion

Murray, I hadn't given any thought Prim being selected in a future story.  Wow, great question.

I'm with you, I hope that this is not the case.  I am eagerly anticipating an uprising that will overthrow the Capitol.  I wonder if we will learn that Gale has always been "madly in love" with Katniss but she was just clueless to the fact.

So do you think that Peeta's out of the picture?  I hope to see an odd tale where the rebellion is lead by the following people as the leaders of the rebellion

• Katniess
  • Gale
  • Peeta
  • Haymitch
  • Madge
  • Madge's Dad - The Mayor
  • The Avox Girl
  • Peeta's dad
  • Katniss' mom

In a way, I think the relationship with Peeta is doomed from the start.  I think that it would be weird for Peeta and Katniss to be in a relationship if their parents are as well.

The way I view it, The Baker is a faithful man and would never cheat on his wife, Peeta's mom.  However, as the result of their participation in the rebellion, Peeta's and Katniss' parents/family are going to be taken by The Capitol and used as leverage to try and get them to turn themselves in.

In the events that play out, Peeta's mom will end up dying.  Her death won't be celebrated. In fact, we'll end up getting a great backstory that will show us that Katniss' assumptions about her were not completely accurate.  We'll end up feeling sorrow at her passing.  This will happen in Book 2

Then in Book 3, This group of people listed above will be the people who are leading the rebellion and over time, Peeta's Dad and Katniss' mom will marry and have an amazing role in the rebuilding of The New Panem.

LOL 

You see, this is what I love about knowing NOTHING about the future books!  I can speculate like crazy. 

Heck, while I'm at it, I believe that Gale is actually the great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandson of Thomas and Claire from Lost. ..... (okay, I'll stop there.)

Anyway... I agree.. I'd love anyone who has not yet read book 2 or 3 to continue to share their theories that will play out.

But I absolutely BEG PEOPLE to not include anything at all that is informed by the 2nd or 3rd books, or any online materials you may have read.

Cliff, thanks for your great response. I'm not going to directly respond to this comment because I'm already into Book 2 and anything I write could be spoilerish.
I'm so eager to join you in Book 2.. I'm sure it will start this weekend. :)

Same here. I'm well into Book 2, as well.

Cliff, I am looking forward to your podcasting about Hunger Games.

Book 2 is as good as 1.

Can't Wait!!!!
Book 2 is as good as book 1, although I think Book 3 isn't as good as either 1 or two.

Heck, while I'm at it, I believe that Gale is actually the great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandson of Thomas and Claire from Lost. ..... (okay, I'll stop there.)

'Oh my gosh!!! How did you guess that? I thought it was so cleverly hidden and then you went and guessed it!

:) :D ;)

Prim could be selected.
I just noticed that The Hunger Games is the number 4 most downloaded book in the Kindle store right now.  Think GSPN listeners had anything to do with that? I know I purchased mine on the Kindle!
I have reports of more than 200 people in our community who are reading the book, who are doing so because of our recommendation.   But I think that the fact that the movie going into production, and Jennifer Lawrence was on all the talkshows and the EW cover story has more to do with it than us. ;)
I downloaded all 3 books on my Kindle at this point in time because of the podcast. I would've only done it for 2 and 3 but I damaged my copy of HG and passed it off to a coworker as I'm pretty picky about the way my books look. :p

RSS

Members

© 2014   Created by Cliff Ravenscraft @GSPN.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service